Paper Pot Press - Seedling Pot Maker
We all want to cut down on plastic and as gardeners we have a chance to do our bit using this clever little pot maker from Creamore Mill. It's an ingenious tool for making biodegradable pots from torn newspaper.
How to use:
- Cut strips of newspaper about 16cm wide and 40cm long
- Fold strip in half along its length
- Roll the strip around the press with the folded edge at the top of the cylinder (paper will overhang the bottom of the press)
- Holding the rolled paper, scrunch the bottom edge and tuck it inwards under the press
- Align with the base of the press. Push down firmly with a twist to crimp the paper pot base.
- Slide the pot off the press.
- Rest the pots in trays of damp compost. This ensures the paper always remains moist, allowing roots to grow through the sides.
- Feel fantastic knowing that you've created your very own plastic-free eco pot from leftover newspaper.
When the seedlings are mature enough, plant complete with with the pot into the ground.
Made in England from fsc wood and packaged in a simple cardboard box.