Mulled Spice Tea
Mulled Spice Tea from the Organic Merchant is a vibrant medley of festive fruit flavours, fragrant spices and velvety rose.
This classic Glühwein formulation has plant compounds that are antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial which may naturally aid digestion, balance blood sugar, enhance circulation, fortify immunity, and invigorate energy.
Enjoy as a daily tonic or in recipes to create warming winter wine, summer sangrias, fruit minced pies or poached fruits.
100% ACO Certified Organic Ingredients:
Cranberry, Currants, Elderberry, Hibiscus Flowers, Rose Hips, Rose Petals, Juniper Berry, Clove Bud, Nutmeg Pod, Cinnamon Bark.
Naturally caffeine free.
HOW TO MAKE MULLED TEA?
- Temperature: freshly boiled water, 100°C
- Time: minimum 5 minutes before drinking, brewing time is subject to taste. This infusion can be steeped for a long time without turning bitter.
- Use 1 heaped teaspoon per 200ml of water.
- Serve hot or cold
MULLED TEA HEALTH BENEFITS
The ingredients found in our mulled tea are full of health benefits.
- Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllata) is a wonderful antioxidant. It has analgesic properties and is therefore good for pain relief. Clove is a natural antiseptic, and helps calming digestive tonic for cramping conditions.
- Elder berry (Sambuccus Nigra) offers wonderful immune support. It is anti-oxidant, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory, helping to ease coughing and expel mucus in the respiratory tract.
- Nutmeg (Myristica) fragrans another wonderful antioxidant with analgesic properties. It has both, soothing and stimulating effect on the nervous system and is also a digestive tonic for conditions such as nausea, gastritis, and indigestion.
- Juniper berry (Juniperus Communis) has strong antiseptic and astringent properties wonderful in treating urinary conditions. It helps to calm, heal and cleanse the digestive system.
- Cinnamon (Cinnamomum Zeylanicum) is also a wonderful antioxidant. It is antibacterial and anti-fungal. Cinnamon supports good circulation, balances blood sugar levels, regulated hormones and maintains digestion.